If you like smoked beef jerky you are going to love this marinade recipe!
If you like this type of content, please Like, Comment, and Subscribe (http://www.youtube.com/c/VirtualEatsGuru)
Recipe and Instructions for smoked beef jerky marinade recipe. This recipe is for one beef jerky, double the ingredients if doing two flank steaks.
Step 1: Clean the meat
Wash and dry the flank steak. Then remove any excess fat and any silver membrane if needed.
Cut the meat with the grain into 1/4” strips
Step 2: Make the jerky marinade (one flank steak, x2 for two flank steaks)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce (less or more based on your taste)
4-6 cloves of fresh garlic minced
1/2 cup fresh green onions chopped
Mix ingredients with a whisk
Step 3: Marinate the jerky strips overnight (recommended)
Place the beef jerky strips in either a ziplock bag or some sort of pan, as long as the meat is completely submerged.
Step 4: Smoke
Set the smoker to somewhere between 180-225
Smoke for 3.5 to 5 hours depending on preference, this cook was right at 4 hours
Flip jerky after 3 hours (optional)
Step 5: Cool
For a moist finish place in ziplock bags right away and seal. If you want a more dry jerky rest them on a cooling rack.
Other recommended holiday videos:
– Smoked Prime Rib Roast – Traeger Electric Pellet Smoker: https://youtu.be/YdE1ZRV7Jjo
– Spatchcock Turkey Traeger Grill: https://youtu.be/62ken48eP80
– Smoked Glazed Ham: https://youtu.be/TsPiM2K7ruc
– Smoked King Crab Legs: https://youtu.be/e-zGTVMcleg
– Smoked Salt Caramels: https://youtu.be/-0_09U-_VbE
– Smoked Lobster Tails Traeger: https://youtu.be/ud9xZliA8eg
– Grilled Cobbler on the Traeger: https://youtu.be/eXGBJtQhuj4