• 1.5 lbs Top Round
• 1 Cup Soy Sauce
• ¼ Cup Rice Vinegar
• ¼ Cup Gochujang
• 2 tsp Sesame Oil
• 2 tsp Ground Ginger
• 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
• 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
• 2 tsp Sesame Seeds Separated
1. Freeze the Beef for one hour to partially freeze – this makes it easier to cut. Trim excess fat, then thinly slice into strips.
2. In a bowl, mix Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Gochujang, Sesame Oil, Ground Ginger, Garlic Powder, Brown Sugar, and 1 tsp Sesame Seeds.
3. Add the beef and sauce to a Ziploc bag and marinade overnight.
4. Strain out the marinade and lay the beef out on paper towels.
5. Sprinkle beef with Sesame Seeds.
6. Dry in a smoker at 180F for around 2.5 hours. Alternatives: Dry in a dehydrator 160° 4 hours, or an oven 175° for 3 hours. This can vary depending on the thickness of the slices.