In this video I will show you how to make homemade Beef Jerky in the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker using a Beer-Peppered recipe. The Masterbuilt is a good choice because of the ease of use. We will make a porter-beer based marinade for the jerky and then finish it with some cracked black pepper before placing it in the Masterbuilt Smoker.
You can use this technique for making beef jerky in the Masterbuilt with this recipe or your own marinade recipe.
• 3.5 lb chuck roast
• 2 dark beers; I used Chipotle Porter beer
• 2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon black pepper plus 1 tablespoon to sprinkle on the jerky before it goes into the smoker
• 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon onion powder
1. Remove the fat from the roast.
2. Slice the roast into ¼” pieces.
3. In a large bowl, mix all of the remaining ingredients (reserve 1 tablespoon pepper), then add the beef strips.
4. Cover the bowl of beef strips in the marinade with plastic wrap and then place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 12 hours, but preferably 18-24 hours.
5. The next day, remove the beef strips from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
6. Heat the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker to 165 – 175 degrees F. Add a combination of oak and cherry wood chips. Fully open the top vent.
7. Place the beef strips on the racks leaving space between each piece (do not allow the beef strips to touch). You can also string the beef strips on metal skewers and allow the meat to hand from the Masterbuilt racks.
8. Before moving the beef strips into the Masterbuilt Smoker, sprinkle with fresh, cracked black pepper.
9. Place the beef in the smoker and at 45 minutes add some more wood chips. Then, pull out the wood tray slightly to allow more air circulation.
10. Cook until the beef just starts to crack when it is bent. You do not want the beef jerky to break into. My cook took 7 hours 15 minutes.
Thanks for watching another one of our videos! If you liked this episode, click that subscribe button, so that you will know when new videos are available. Please share and like this video and don’t hesitate to ask questions of leave feedback in the comments section. We try to reply to all questions and suggestions within 24 hours.
Armadillo Pepper Hot Sauce, BBQ Sauce, Jerky & Snack Store
Connect with Armadillo Pepper on Google+, Facebook & Pinterest
Please watch: “Smoked Porterhouse Steak on Pit Barrel Cooker with Black Garlic Butter”