In today’s video, we are going to be working on the first ten 10 fundamental steps of a focused heel. ►► Recommended Products🧸: https://www.nateschoemer.com/store
►► Nate Schoemer Shop👕: https://nateschoemershop.com/
►► Get a copy of my dog training manual📚: https://amzn.to/2P2tyQH
►► Join My Facebook Group☕️: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NateSchoemers
►► Support Through Patreon🦮: https://www.patreon.com/NateSchoemer ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
►► Just like me, I know your dogs are the most important thing to you — so having them insured is a no-brainer! Keeping them safe and healthy is one of the most important things to you, so make sure you get them the best!
Prudent Pet is the ultimate option to make sure your four-legged family members are covered and protected! Their pet insurance plans* cover a variety of needs for your pet, with a ton of customizable options — Plus, if they sign up through my link, you’ll get 5% off!
👉 https://www.prudentpet.com/internet/NATE 👈
So, make sure to get them enrolled today! You’ll be glad you did!
*Discount not available in FL, ME, TN, PA, and SC.
The focused heel is an obedience exercise that requires the dog to stand on the left side of the handler, walk at the same pace as the handler, and maintaining eye contact. This is considered one of the most complicated behaviors to teach a dog to perform correctly. It requires many hours of practice, however, if you put the time in, this can quickly become one of your favorite exercises to do with your dog.
Here are the ten steps in order:
1) Engagement training/teaching the markers/developing the sit front
2) Developing your dogs focus in the heel position
3) Developing your dogs focus in the center position
4) Teach your dog to walk while maintaining the center position
5) Use power steering to teach your dog how to maintain heel position while walking.
6) Use power steering to teach the auto sit when halted
7) Learning and stepping with the heel command using food
8) Learning and stepping with the heel command without food
9) Teach your dog to pivot left by using the spiral technique
10) Teach your dog to pivot right by using the spiral technique
Be sure to check out all the other dog training videos on my channel. You will learn how to train your dog to sit, down, come, heel, stay, and much more. One of the most common questions I receive is how to potty train a dog. Well, guess what, we have that video as well. Not to mention how to crate train a dog and even service dog training.
Thanks for watching, and subscribe for new dog training videos every Tuesday and Friday! Check out my show on ANIMAL PLANET: Rescue Dog to Super Dog: https://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows…
LIST OF FUTURE VIDEOS: https://www.nateschoemer.com/future-videos